Pre-construction is the first phase of construction management. The pre-construction phase is also referred to as the "Project Development" phase and consists of the following services:
1. Confirm macro project goals and criteria. This would typically include expected service
volumes, maximum budget, etc.
2. Obtain and/or generate project layout with architect and engineers.
3. Obtain and/or generate utility demands and discharge amounts.
4. Generate construction estimate of costs and schedule.
5. Generate project monthly construction cash flow.
6. Generate effective and detailed bid packages for the various areas and phases
of the expansion.
7. Evaluate and make recommendations for:
- Building materials
- Floor and wall coatings
- Insulation R-values and other energy considerations
- Various items including dock equipment, material lifts, elevators, etc.
- Cabinetry and casework
- Process piping
- Electrical service requirements and lighting
- Process equipment, conveyor layout and fabrication
- Paving thickness and material types including asphalt, concrete or permeable